- INFORMATION ABOUT BICYCLE AND TOURISM OFFER
General information about cycling and other tourist and catering services in the area and about the bicycle trails, the availability of information materials, tips for planning rides, contact phone numbers, the cycling knowledge of the staff in the facility, Internet access
- BICYCLE AND EQUIPMENT SPACE
Separate, well-secured and easily accessible rooms for storing bicycles and luggage, charging stations/batteries for e-bikes, bicycle racks
- BICYCLE SERVICE AND REPAIR
Equipped with tools, accessories and means for maintenance and repair of bicycles, the possibility of transport to a nearby service station, a qualified person to help with service, an offer of spare parts
- POSSIBILITY OF WASHING AND DRYING CLOTHES
- BICYCLE AND EQUIPMENT RENTAL
- TRANSPORTATION OF CYCLISTS, BICYCLES AND EQUIPMENT, CHARGED OR FREE
The transport of cyclists and equipment in case of break down, transport to other means of transport, to the next accommodation
- CUSTOMISED FOOD FOR CYCLISTS
Customised diet, additional food, additional meals
Available drinking water, first aid, massage, parking, additional programmes
What is Bike & Bed?
Bike & Bed is a system of accommodation facilities specialised for the reception of cyclists (cyclotourists). For this type of service, it is necessary to provide specific services that this type of guests require. In addition, such a system is connected with all other services provided for cyclists in Bjelovar-Bilogora County (trails, bicycle guides, providing specialist services such as rental, servicing and transportation of bicycles, information about events, etc.).
Facilities in the Bike & Bed system are regularly promoted through various promotional channels in the tourism and economy sector of Bjelovar-Bilogora County (Tourism Board of Bjelovar-Bilogora County, Bjelovar-Bilogora County, local tourism boards, accommodation facilities, event organisers, etc.)
Who can apply for Bike & Bed listing?
Any accommodation providers that meet the required criteria can express interest in joining the Bike & Bed system; apartments, holiday homes, boutique hotels, hotels, agritourism farms (with accommodation facilities) ...
After the initial registration and contacting the Bike & Bed consultant, acceptance in the system is possible after meeting all the required conditions.
What is gained by listing?
By registering in the Bike & Bed system of Bjelovar-Bilogora County, you are given a certificate and an official sign to be displayed on the facility’s façade, as proof of registration in the system.
Your accommodation facility will be promoted free of charge through a number of official materials - through the official website www.bbz.hr, promotional printed materials, online promotion, promotion in cooperation with events and alike.
What is the price?
Viewing and listing on Bike & Bed are free. You only need to have a minimum investment in the space for bicycles, basic tools and equipment in order to provide the conditions required in the Bike & Bed system.
You will find out about the scope of the investment from our consultants when they visit your facility.
However, in addition to investing in equipment and facilities, you need to invest in your knowledge and competencies! You need to have information and answers to questions that might interest your cycling guests, which will add value to you and your facility as a true Bike & Bed facility.
This type of competence only requires a little time and effort and does not require any financial investment.
The certificate itself is valid for two years, after which it is necessary to perform an inspection of the facility.
The facilities are classified into the following categories:
- Bike & Bed - smaller private facilities such as apartments or holiday homes or agritourism farms (with the possibility of accommodation). This group of facilities is allowed entry at all quality rating levels. This is also the most numerous group that facilitates one of the basic ideas of the Bike & Bed system; the travel of guests on a daily basis, with an overnight stay every night in a different place, in a different facility.
- Boutique Bike hotels - small, so-called family hotels. They offer an excellent combination of a personalised approach to guests and higher quality service, making them a great choice for guests of different profiles. Many of their guests return for years after their first stay, which confirms good value for money.
- Bike hotels - hotels with larger accommodation capacities and a whole range of services they provide to their guests. Due to the already existing human resources and infrastructural capacity, such facilities are required to have a higher level of quality ratings and scope of services.
Bike & Bed consultants
After applying to be listed in the Bike & Bed system, our consultants will soon visit you, inspect your facility and give you advice on how to adapt according to the criteria of the Bike & Bed system best and how to most effectively use your potential. They will perform an initial inspection, but also follow up with periodic control visits, in order to maintain and improve the quality of the facility itself.
You will mainly communicate with one consultant about all the details of the Bike & Bed system who is in charge of your area and who will know your facility well, i.e. familiar with the specific business conditions and your needs.